Thank you for purchasing the SING.PLAY.LOVE.®
EARLY LEARNING EDUCATOR KIT
Let's focus on early learning skills for infants and toddlers.
What are the most important things you want to teach your young children?
Start by teaching one skill. Then add another.
SING.PLAY.LOVE. is as easy as 1-2-3.
STEP ONE: Make a plan to play your SONGS.
- Visit www.SINGPLAYLOVE.tools to create a log-in and register your kit purchase. You can then play your songs by logging in and utilizing your personal products page.
- Play songs on the device of your choice - computer, tablet, phone - by logging in and utilizing your personal products page. Click on the MY KIT SONGS tab.
- Download your songs to your computer. Click on the three dots to the right of the song's audio player. Then click on DOWNLOAD SONG. The song will be added to your computer's download folder. Copy the audio files to your preferred storage location on your computer.
- Download your songs to your phone or tablet by following download directions for your device's manufacturer and designated audio player.
- Make a plan to connect a speaker for optimal enjoyment and listening.
STEP TWO: Watch an INFORMATIONAL VIDEO.
Click here to watch a fifteen-minute introduction to the program. You will see how easy it is to teach important skills for social-emotional growth and kindergarten readiness in this fun and engaging way. Program creator Anne Meeker Watson, Ph.D., will share everything you need to utilize the program effectively from the start with your young children.
STEP THREE: Review your VIDEOS.
Visit www.SINGPLAYLOVE.tools to register your kit purchase and play your videos. You can play your videos by logging in and utilizing your personal products page. There you will find a showcase of instructional videos for each of your books and songs, as well as fun music videos for each book. Simply click on the down arrow in the black box and a drop-down menu of video choices will appear. Click on the video you wish to play.
STEP FOUR: Review your LEARNER GOALS.
Your SING.PLAY.LOVE. EDUCATOR KIT provides a new "toolbox" of materials and strategies to support the social-emotional skills you choose to prioritize for an individual student or your entire class.
In addition, you might like a summary of curricula, standards, and/or methodologies you may currently be utilizing and their alignment with the learner goals of your SING.PLAY.LOVE. KIT.
STEP FIVE: Download and print PAGES.
Visit www.SINGPLAYLOVE.tools to register your kit purchase and download your resource pages. Your pages include supplemental teaching materials for children, visual schedule directions with song cards, teacher resources, and PLAY & LEARN pages to share with your families.
Download and print the pages. In addition, you will need a cookie sheet and a package of magnets to create your visual schedule. (Dollar Store, here you come!)
STEP SIX: Read your TEACHING GUIDES.
Read the ACTIVITY GUIDES in the back of each SING.PLAY.LOVE. book. Each guide focuses on the targeted learner goal for the book and provides information and play-based instructional activities across developmental domains for you to share.
Commit yourself to the SING.PLAY.LOVE.Fidelity Teaching Practices
so that you can reap all of the benefits of the program as it was designed.
1. SING.PLAY.LOVE. Time is one-to-one "face time" between you and your children. Do not use the music or instructional videos to teach during this precious interval. Music videos are for home use and not to be shared at school.
2. Use a visual schedule for your SING.PLAY.LOVE. Time. Visual schedules help children self-organize and reduce anxiety. They are beneficial for all young children but uniquely powerful for some children you serve. Visual schedule directions and song cards are included with your kit. Visit www.SINGPLAYLOVE.tools to register your kit to download and print these materials.
3. Sing two songs daily. One song should be mastered and one should be new. In addition, you will always sing your SING.PLAY.LOVE. picture book.
4. Always utilize at least one of the following strategies for each song you share:
- Add motions, signed words, or dancing
- Add visuals (Several song pages for children are included with your kit.)
- Add manipulatives such as scarves, "kitchen band" instruments, or other toys or objects to represent key vocabulary words you are teaching
5. Choose a SING.PLAY.LOVE. picture book and targeted skill to share for an entire month. Read, sing, move to, and explore the book and skill daily. Click here for strategies to share your picture books in a variety of ways.
6. Keep your SING.PLAY.LOVE. time to under 20 minutes, then transition to a child-directed activity. Ones and Twos may engage best when you sing one song or book at a time throughout your day.
7. Generalize your targeted learner goals for each book and song across routines and environments during your day with children. Children must practice new skills at snack, outdoor play, table activities, transitions, dismissal, and at home for mastery to occur.
Click here to take the SING.PLAY.LOVE.Fidelity Teaching Practices Pledge.
Save your copy for easy reference as you utilize the
program with your children.
The PLAY & LEARN program allows you to offer take-home pages for each book with information about the targeted goal and play-filled teaching activities for home, along with access to the music video and song to enjoy at home. Family members can partner with you to teach their children in this fun and engaging way.
- Share SING.PLAY.LOVE. with the families of your children. Communicate this news via email, text, phone, or personal conversation. Click here to find sample emails or notes you can create for families. We have provided an example of a message you could share each month with families as you teach a new book and skill, as well as an introductory message.
- You are welcome and encouraged to download, duplicate, and distribute the PLAY & LEARN pages to give to your families each month or attach the document to an email or text. You will find them along with the other pages that come with your kit purchase at www.SINGPLAYLOVE.tools.
- Families can access the music video and song. Direct them to visit www.SINGPLAYLOVE.tools to create a log-in and register the code provided on their PLAY & LEARN page. Directions are provided on their page. Your families are licensed to utilize these resources as a part of your kit purchase.
NOTE: Sharing these videos, song recordings, or images with multiple early childhood professionals violates copyright law and is strictly prohibited. License to share the content listed is limited to a single purchaser/early childhood professional and represents typical use and distribution for children and families served in one classroom.
- Purchase SING.PLAY.LOVE. Little Books to give to your children and families. They fit perfectly in a child’s hand. Your families will be able to sing, play, love, and READ at home. SING.PLAY.LOVE. Little Books are an important evidence-based practice for supporting growth in the targeted skill. In addition, a variety of early literacy goals are positively impacted by every book that a young child owns.
Email email@example.com for pricing on little books for your young children!
Final words from Anne Meeker Watson
I am thrilled you will share SING.PLAY.LOVE. with your young children. It is an honor to partner with you!
I encourage you to add your own creativity and personality to your SING.PLAY.LOVE. teaching. Create new verses to personalize the tune and text for your children. Add fun visuals or activities involving simple play materials or motor participation. Create learning extensions, centers, themes, and routines around your selected book and skill. Incorporate sensory experiences that help your children learn as they look, listen, touch, and taste.
You are my teaching partner. I am relying on you to work your magic with SING.PLAY.LOVE., just as you do daily with all of the learning experiences you lovingly provide!
Your biggest fan,